Monday, October 25, 2010

Peter Piper's Invited

So, I follow in pioneer footsteps even now when I could just go to the store. The best part is that I won't starve if I don't can my cucumbers. And there were a lot of them in my garden this year. Lemon cucumbers to be exact, which don't taste lemony, but look like lemons.


I looked for a pickle recipe specifically for them and found one at the Jillicious blog: http://jilliciousdiscoveries.blogspot.com/search/label/pickles 
That's where you can find how to pickle your own. Thanks Jill!


Sterilize!


Cook.


Wait.
 So I made her bread and butter pickle recipe and her quick pickle recipe, (and took pics in the style of Jillicious), and then decided to pickle some jalapenos too; which did all right this summer in the garden despite the short amount of warm weather. And some carrots -- I put the carrots in the leftover pepper juice so they will be spicy too! Jill's quick pickle recipe turned out yummy and fresh. I haven't tried the processed veggies yet because they are still in the waiting stages. Anyone can do quick pickles for a potluck. They don't take long and they go great as a fresh side or mixed in a salad.



Quick Pickles

Spicy!


No comments:

Post a Comment