Friday, October 29, 2010

Dr. Quinn's Shawl

The word crochet for you may bring up images of Grandmas and Great Aunts making doilies that go on the top of every piece of furniture. But though this may have been true, crochet has come a long way. Crocheted items pop up every where. I was watching "Nine To Five" the other day during the party scene at Doralee's house (Dolly Parton) and there is a cool retro crocheted daisy blanket on the back of the couch. And check out my blog post "Lil Mama's Hat," (feb 2010), now that is hip crochet. Oh, and if you ever watch "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman," there are crocheted shawls everywhere. Shawls never go out of style do they?


Classic Dr. Quinn expression.

Then,

 I'll admit, I watched Project Runway this year and I was looking at http://www.zeitgeistudios.com/ which Gretchen Jones collaborates with. I found a cool crocheted dress (technically hairpin lace) that she recomends posted today for outfits to wear this week or even next. Who knows?



Now.
http://www.zeitgeistudios.com/category/fashion/
 
 There will always be a place in the world for crochet and don't think I won't be looking
 and telling you about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment